cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools

Note: Our legacy performance testing offering can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools.

The Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools are used to create and run load and performance tests towards Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows (QSEfW).

Included parts are:

• Documentation on how to use the package
  • Command line tool for Windows, Mac and Linux. This command line tool (gopherciser) is open source and can be found here .
  • GUI for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Downloadable files can be found here:
📎 Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools 

Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Change log

v1.10.2 - v1.11.0

• Support for Feb 2024 Sense release
  • Gopherciser v0.17.21 -> v0.17.26
    • Bugfixes
    • Report sub hypercube errors as errors instead of warnings (unless calculation condition)

v1.10.1 - v1.10.2

• Rebranded with new Qlik Logo

v1.10.0 - v1.10.1

• Gopherciser v0.17.7 -> v0.17.21
    • Added support for layout container object
    • Added support for new pivot table
    • Added support for sn-text object
    • Added support for sn-table object
    • Added support for sn-shape object
    • Added hyper cube sub-errors as warnings (These warnings will become errors in v1.11.0)

v1.9.0 - v1.10.0

• Gopherciser v0.17.7 -> v0.17.11
    • Open Hub Api compliance August 2023 release
    • Open App Api compliance August 2023 release

v1.8.0 - v.1.9.0

• Updated scheduler
  • Updated reglog
  • Gopherciser v0.17.4 -> v0.17.7
    • Changed parameters for prometheus push gateway
    • bugfixes

v1.7.0-v1.8.0

• Updated scheduler
  • Gopherciser v0.17.0 -> v0.17.4
    • Configurable max websocket frame size
    • Improved disonnect discoverability
    • Add in-mem Get app structure method
    • [Apicompliance] openapp
    • Bugfixes

v1.6.0 - v1.7.0

• New installer - Option for personal install which should solve issues with "Administrator" privileges.
  • Updated scheduler
  • Gopherciser v0.16.2 -> v0.17.0
    • Bugfixes
    • Add option to print result json to script validate command
    • Updated api compliance for openhub action.
  •  
  •  

Your use of Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
99 Replies
nagarwal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello Sebastian,

I have tried installing on 2 servers and after installation the application is crashing on both the server when I try to open. Attaching the windows logs for the same.

denniste
Contributor II
Contributor II

It's not.  While I did request for local admin rights to install the software, there is a workaround you can use to run it without an admin account.

just create a batch file as below.

Set ApplicationPath= "C:\Users\userid\qsest\Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools\Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools.exe"

cmd /min /C "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER && start "" %ApplicationPath%"

DominiqueHoremans
Contributor III
Contributor III

We have the sames issue here. Our users will not have admin privileges but we want them to create their own scenario's. Any reason why admin rights are required? 

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Admin privileges are not required, you should be able to run the tools without this unless there's something in your group policy stopping it.

Michael_Terenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Will the scripts from the old tools that are being depricated, work with this tool and/or is there a migration path for older scripts? Thank you! 

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi Everyone,

I’ m trying to use this tool and i’ve managed to configure everything and successfully runs a scenario.

my questions:

where I can find the result folder or the result files (txt) to put it in the correct folder for the analysis app later ?

Is a performance counter mandatory (with it’s files) to run the analysis app later ? 

Thank you

Youssef

janyf
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello 

Could someone please advise how to do testing with more than 5 users ? 
We are getting parallel session limit exceeded error.

We tried prefix method of user generation and also usersfromlist, but results are same.

Best regards

Jan Farkas

denniste
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Youselff.

You may opt not to have perfmon running and server logs included for analysis.  App response time stats are able to be visualised and would in turn still be useful for performance tuning.

The TSV files should be placed under the Gopherciser folder that the QSSTAnalyzer app will read from.  The results folder will be whatever you've configured on the QSEST Users-Miscellaneous settings section.

Regards,
Dennis

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi @denniste 

Thank you for your answer 🙂

I'm using the latest version (1.7) of the Qliksense Entreprise scalability tools (not the old software) and I didn't see any link pointing to a path on the users configuration tab...

I'll take a look and let you know.

Have a nice weekend 

Youssef

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi @denniste ,

I still need your help please.

I'm using Qliksense entreprise scalabilty tools (v1,7 the last one).

Everything works well and i'm able to play a scenario.

My problem is on the Qliksense scalabilty tools Analyzer app..

The analyzer app needs a Gophericer log file (the TSV file that I can find thanks to your message) and it also needs an SDKExercier scenario log file (*_scenario txt file, that I can't find anywhere...).

Would you be able to help me find it please ?

Thank you

Youssef