Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shako
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Can not access Data Load Editor (Qlik Cloud)

The app was not added by me but in Management Console:

• User allocation - I have Professional entitlement
  • Users - I have all the Roles including Tenant Admin
  • Spaces - I am Owner of the Space and have all the roles assigned
  • Apps - I am the owner of the app

but when I open the app I still cant access Data Load Editor, but if I duplicate the app then I can access Data Load Editor,

what am I missing?

Shako_0-1675690511177.png

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Shako 

Sorry for the confusion. Kindly raise a case with our support team and we will investigate the issue further. 

Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

lman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @Albert_Candelario ,

In our team we are currently using Qlik Sense not Qlik Cloud.

The problem we are facing right now is that published app owners cannot access the load editor of the published app.

The solution we are using right now is to create a duplicate of the app, modify the necessary things of the duplicated app in the work stream and publish it back.

We wanted to know why app owners cannot access load editors and a possible fix or solution for this problem.

Thank you

So the solution that we are using right now

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for the correction.

Then is correct what you do and working as expected.

For reference - https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-To-Edit-Published-Qlik-Sense-Apps-on-Qli...

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

7 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Shako 

Only the owner of the app can access the Data load editor. If you want to access the data load editor of the original app, change the ownership to your account, and then you will be able to. You can change the ownership in the management console >> Apps >> change owner.

FYI: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/mc-administer-apps...

I hope this helps. Let me know!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Shaks
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

That is what I am saying, I am the owner, probably its a bug and workaround is to duplicate the app

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Shako 

Sorry for the confusion. Kindly raise a case with our support team and we will investigate the issue further. 

Thanks!

lman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

Is there any update with respect to this issue?

Can you also please link here where we can see the progress on this.

Thank you.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @lman ,

What is your specific issue? Please add more context.

Also notice  that from last wee we also introduced a new role to mamge this option.

"A new security role gives administrators more granular control in their Qlik Cloud tenant. Users with the Private Analytics Content Creator role can create analytics content in personal spaces, such as apps and data connections. Users without this role can still create monitored charts, alerts, subscriptions, and notes in their personal space.

This means that administrators can choose to separate the ability to collaborate in published apps from the ability to create independent apps in personal spaces."

Cheers,

Albert

lman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @Albert_Candelario ,

In our team we are currently using Qlik Sense not Qlik Cloud.

The problem we are facing right now is that published app owners cannot access the load editor of the published app.

The solution we are using right now is to create a duplicate of the app, modify the necessary things of the duplicated app in the work stream and publish it back.

We wanted to know why app owners cannot access load editors and a possible fix or solution for this problem.

Thank you

So the solution that we are using right now

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for the correction.

Then is correct what you do and working as expected.

For reference - https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-To-Edit-Published-Qlik-Sense-Apps-on-Qli...

Cheers,

Albert