Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaacfok2
Contributor
Contributor

How to enforce password policies in Qlik Sense Postgres Repository Database

Hi,
I need to be able to enforce some password policies for the Qlik Sense Repository database.

1. Minimum length of 12 characters
2. Contain at least 3 of the following: Upper Case
      - Lower Case
      - Digits
      - Special characters Password may not be the same as the user account ID (e.g. qliksenserepository)
3. Password must be changed upon first login
4. Password must be changed every 12 months
5. Password may not be reused for a minimum of 3 generations

Would it be possible to implement the above? Or will alot of customization be required on the postgres database.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @isaacfok2 ,

I think that's the question for Postgre SQL database level, instead of Qlik Sense Repository database level.

I did some search, and it mentioned

"PostgreSQL doesn't include any password complexity enforcement functionality by default. It does include a hook that can be used to plugin a module to do password complexity checks.

A sample password check module can be found in Postgres' contrib directory in the source tree, and is included with most package sets. This module can be used as an example for developing something more complex that meets an organization's specific requirements, though it does require C development work.

"

SankarReddyK
Support
Support

@isaacfok2 , For feature requests on the Qlik products, please use the ideation portal.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas

isaacfok2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Jack.  I did find that too while trying to google for a solution.  Would doing something like this cause my Qlik Sense installation to be fall out of support from Qlik?