Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Allow always show legend and X/Y Labels

John_Sacco
Employee
Employee

Allow always show legend and X/Y Labels

Currently with the responsive framework when a chart is resized the chart can lose labels on both axis and also lose the chart legend. This is sometimes very problematic since the chart loses much needed context from the labels or legend. Please add an option to force show this always instead of the current Auto functionality.

Tags (2)
20 Comments
devan9876
Creator
Creator

@Patric_Nordstrom , @Henri_Rufin 

I agree with Henri, ideally we want to keep responsiveness but have more control over when/how Qliksense hides key chart components like axis labels, legends or dimension drill buttons.
Even if we use your suggestion of setting the sheet to Fixed Size, Qliksense will still hide stuff if you don't make the chart big enough for its predefined breakpoints so then we are left with the worst of both worlds.
We have zero responsiveness but without the ability to change the axis height/width or label fonts like we used to be able to do in Qlikview.

For example... I have the page set to fixed but Qliksense completely hides the axis on the first chart in row 1 and 50% hides the second. It also completely hides it on the first chart in the second row.
However if I was in Qlikview I could just change the font size of the labels or change the amount of spacing the axis takes up and ensure that the labels are fully visible in all the charts.

QS_EXAMPLE.PNG

Digvijay_Singh

Our users frequently complain about hidden value labels in the line charts which we embed in the nprinting powerpoint reports. If I have extra space available in the slide I try showing them by resizing objects but that don't work always. Its hard to explain them that this is a qlik's limitation. In some cases we see enough space available for the value label but they don't show up.

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom 
Agree with @Henri_Rufin  & @John_Sacco 
There should be such option without adjusting it through layout via custom layout. 

john_delligatti
Luminary
Luminary

HI All,

Agree with previous commenters, having an issue where I want to keep responsive design and therefore I can't get a legend to show based on visualization size. This seems like it should be a slam dunk to implement.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Fyi, we are adding more settings in this area, next one will be force always show all data labels in the line graph. Same setting as the Scatter plot has.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Digvijay_Singh

Great to hear about this change! Thanks!

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom  - Any update on the same ? 
It is really problematic to compact the charts and dont have legends. 

Because such small changes can make big differences in dashboarding. 

Regards,
Shubham

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom 

I am having this chart with 2 bars only and it is already taking too much space then also Legends are not visible. I guess it should be visible even if we compress the chart object.

Shubham_D_0-1649825923523.png

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived