Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Backing up deleted Applications in a Trash bin

deepakm_ygrene
Contributor III
Contributor III

Backing up deleted Applications in a Trash bin

It would be very helpful, if we could store all the deleted applications (without data) in a Recycle bin especially Managed Space applications along with its community sheets and user's my sheets.

For instance, if an application is deleted by mistake, it will be directly moved to the Recycle bin and the user can restore the application from the Recycle bin. If the Application is no longer required, it can be permanently deleted from the Recycle bin after a period of 30 days. This mechanism helps in easy restoring of deleted applications from Managed Spaces having community sheets and user's my sheets.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

great idea, it could also be useful to backup replaced apps when releasing a new version on top of the existing in QSEoW (or allow some sort of rolling back?)

skagamitani
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I think it's a very good idea.
Since the application can be easily removed from the QMC, it is accidentally deleted.

Tableau has a feature that saves dashboards in the Trash Bin when they are deleted.
I would really like Qlik to implement such a feature.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived