Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Categorization of tasks in QMC

jonas_viklund
Contributor III
Contributor III

Categorization of tasks in QMC

Attachments

I miss the possibility to categorize and organize tasks in QMC. A field called "Category" should be available under IDENTIFICATION when creating or editing tasks. This feature would be very useful in large environment with many tasks. Sort and filter this column would be possible in "Tasks" view.

Thanks

Jonas Viklund

5 Comments
The_Squirrel
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello @jonas_viklund 

You can use tags and custom properties for that.

Best regards,

Simon

jonas_viklund
Contributor III
Contributor III

@The_Squirrel 

I know they exist and I use them but I'm not happy with how they work. Therefore, it would be good to have a very own simple column that is possible to sort on. Tags and custom properties are not possible to sort, I havn't figured out how to do it.
In QlikView it was possible to add a category to the task, this is something similar I ask for. It worked well but not enough as it was not possible to do a interactive sort but it was at least something.
If I can wish for more, I would have liked at least three free text/"Category" fields that you can use and play with to fit your needs. It can not be difficult to add such thing.

/ Jonas

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived