Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Change column width of the pivot table in Qlik Sense

Satomi
Partner - Contributor III

Change column width of the pivot table in Qlik Sense

I want to see a lot of axis values at once but it's automatically adjusted so you have to scroll to see it.
I'd like to adjust the width of the column as desired.

45 Comments
BertVanImpe
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have end users asking every week why they can't resize columns in a pivot table, or at least distribute the available space relatively according column width.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

The pivot will be reworked hopefully during 2021 2022.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes this is very important, user wants to take a screenshot of the same but is unable to do because of the scroll. Please give settings for developer to manually adjust it. 

JPT
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We need this!

francisco_garcia
Contributor III
Contributor III

I agree. We need this feature. Users are continuously asking me about it.

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

We're more than half-way through 2021, hopefully something will come up in the next release?

TPoismans

This is simply ridiculous... Need to scroll through columns when your values (in the following columns) take half the column width at max.QS_RidiculousWidthPTColumn.png

Can custom column width in pivot tables be added as a feature soon?

mxm
Contributor
Contributor

I agree this is ridiculous. Qlik Sense seems to be unable to handle more complex expressions and produces these excessively wide columns in pivot tables which you cannot alter.  I have been working with Qlik products for more than 12 years but when basic requirements like this are missing it is difficult to justify using Qlik Sense.

Johannes_Twisk
Contributor II
Contributor II

I Agree! Please implement the column resizing on the Pivot table!!!

1) Automatically (individual width for every column), based on each columns individual content.

AND/OR

2) Custom width for each column (width is set by developer per column).

It should be one of those low-hanging fruits....

We want to give our users the best experience (without unneccesary scrolling/whitespace), right now that is NOT possible with Pivot.

Hopefully it will be possible soon!

mmbaro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I would accept that every column had a user-defined width but it takes the largest one, and sometimes this means that every column is really large (i.e. when text columns are involved).

Users are constantly complaining about this! Some of them even testing Power BI due to this.

Save Qlik Sense please!!