Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Change the file name before it is downloaded in Qlik Sense

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Change the file name before it is downloaded in Qlik Sense

Customers would like to add a file name field to the export image/ppt/pdf dialogue where the user can give the exported file a proper name. As it is now, you will get a cryptic file name when you export sheets/stories. Most likely is that the end-user will change the file name when the file is downloaded.

The default name could be the name of the chart/image/sheet/story followed by date and time.

Source: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000077794

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Tags (2)
14 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @spencergarrett , are you using Qlik Sense client-managed or cloud?

This is what I see in cloud when I use your code and download: 

Meghann_MacDonald_0-1681399204434.png

So maybe it is a client-managed specific request.

peace-piece
Contributor
Contributor

@spencergarrett and  @Meghann_MacDonald where do you place your expressions to change the downloaded data excel sheet to provide the chart name instead of the Qlik name (148d872d-87sd-40gb-11d9-#########f###)?  Thank you.

Reference: ""Qlik Sense - " &  [Table Name] & "-" & [Date Exported]"

"='ObjectName '&date(floor(ReloadTime()),'MM/DD/YYYY')"

AdiMM
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

@peace-piece , from my experience there should be a Title defined for the object which, if the export is with "Table formatting" checked, will be used for the file name.

Hint: It might not be necessary to show the Title, but it should be populated.

I believe the additional characters at the end of the file name is the Qlik object name/code.

Meghann_MacDonald

This idea has been merged with another same post on the Ideation Portal. Please continue to track and add your comments there. I will add all of the voters and subscribers to that idea.

Ability to Name Excel Exports from Qlik Sense Chart Objects #276611

Status changed to: Closed - Duplicate