Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Change the font size and font color in chart axes (ex:Bar chart,Line chart)

hikari
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Change the font size and font color in chart axes (ex:Bar chart,Line chart)

It would be more readable if it become possible to change the font size and font color in chart axes

such as table chart in Qlik Sense November 2019.

Especially when exporting the chart into the image it's hard to read the font.

Thank you

Tags (2)
9 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

There will be more settings in the app coming. Please notice that it is possible to set font size, color family etc in chart axis and labels in a custom theme.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/latest/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Sense_Extensions/Cu...

Thanks,

Patric

hka
Employee
Employee

I would like to see this happen with a standard feature, not a custom theme.
It can be changed normally in tableau and Power BI.

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom 
No , please no custom themes. 
This should be possible in chart setting itself.

This feature is not like we should wait for others feedback. Please push this.
@hikari  posted this in 2020 , it should be there as of now. People work on projects get finished one year, so such control over fonts should be there.

These small things can make big differences. 

Regards,
Shubham Deshmukh

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - In Development
Digvijay_Singh

True, its a very basic feature. My users recently asked for it in our nprinting reports. I am managing through custom theme but would be great to have it available in native charts so that we can adjust it in specific charts only.

dcass
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with others in this thread.  We have a request for our users for changing font size and color (a bold black color for example).  I would like to see this as a standard option, not something that would involve a custom theme. 

kgordis
Contributor
Contributor

There are so many things I simply detest about QlikSense.

Basic functionality is missing. This is not a finished product.

Part of the frustrating aspect is the ability exists in Qlikview. Having functionality in one product not found in the other products, makes me seriously dislike Qlik as company. How is it possible not to listen to your customer base?  

You should not have to have a custom theme or an extension to adjust font. You can change font styling in some areas of Qliksense with an inaccurate slider.

Meghann_MacDonald

This was delivered in SaaS as of 7/19/22 to bar charts and line charts in cloud and also delivered 12/13/22 for waterfall, histogram, distribution plot, box plot, gauge, and KPI charts. Will be released February 2023 in client managed.

Status changed to: Delivered