Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Create Sheet Directly in Public Sheets

pleddy
Employee
Employee

Create Sheet Directly in Public Sheets

A user should be able to create a sheet directly within Public Sheets section by default rather than having to create a "My Sheets" and then publish the sheet.  Particularly in Qlik Cloud environment we find that there are many apps shared with others but they are blank with no sheets because the user that created them created sheets in "My Sheets" section and then never shared/published.

The requirement to unpublish and then publish in order to make changes to a public sheet is a hassle as well.  The ability to allow direct updates to public sheets should be investigated as an option with more extensive workflow and restrictions with publish/unpublish as an optional approach.

3 Comments
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @pleddy and thanks for sharing your idea / comment with us. What you are describing is a well known area which we need to improve. And exactly what you are saying is what we have on our roadmap. Allowing App developers within a Shared Space to create Sheets directly within the Public section and instead of making a Sheet private first, check it out to edit it while the Sheet still stays within public. When you are done with editing it, the sheet will be unlocked again and other developers can edit it as well. Same is actually planned for the Script instead of having only the App owner being able to change the script.

Let me know if you want to talk more in detail.

Thomas

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived