Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Delete community bookmark

migle_purzelyte
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Delete community bookmark

It would be helpful to have a possibility to delete community bookmarks. Some bookmarks might become not relevant and when a person leaves the job bookmarks will keep hanging forever.

Tags (2)
7 Comments
-AA
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there any update to this? 

bartdeboed
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I would also like to know this. Currently an app that is used daily by multiple people is full of bookmarks which no one wants, created by someone that left the company. It seems impossible to delete them without replacing the app and losing everyone's personal bookmarks?

-AA
Contributor III
Contributor III

I got a solution from Qlik: 

It can be done via Qlik CLI. If you have already installed and configure CLI then please follow the below steps.

EngineObjectId is Bookmark ID and you can get it from URL/Link as mention in below picture: 

AA_0-1656495813446.png

----CLI Script begins --------------

$EngineObjectId = "7d5b4e70-f7a5-CCCC-AAAA-XXXXXXXXXXXX"

gci cert:\CurrentUser\My | where { $_.FriendlyName -eq "QlikClient" } | Connect-Qlik -TrustAllCerts -username INTERNAL\sa_api -ErrorAction Stop

Get-QlikObject -filter "objectType eq 'bookmark' and published eq true and approved eq false and engineObjectId eq '$EngineObjectId'" | Unpublish-QlikObject

Get-QlikObject -filter "objectType eq 'bookmark' and published eq true and approved eq false and engineObjectId eq '$EngineObjectId'" | Remove-QlikObject

----CLI Script ends--------------

* If script doesn't work then try replacing the $EngineObjectId variable directly with bookmark id in script.

Regards,

-AA

-AA
Contributor III
Contributor III

Having said that, this is not a user friendly solution can cannot be done easily. If more graphical and easily accessible way can be develop then it will help all the community. 

Or
MVP
MVP

More generally, the ability to modify bookmarks in the same way we delete other objects (sheets, stories, etc) would be helpful. This includes both deleting unused/unneeded bookmarks, but also changing ownership of a bookmark, renaming it, etc.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived