Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Dragging items without losing the size

dbfg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dragging items without losing the size

I think a really important thing we need to be able to do is drag items without them resizing.

I've had a few issues now where I'm working with several KPIs and trying to move them around on a sheet is a nightmare. I have to resize them every single time I move them because they change size when moved.

Please add in some kind of option where for example if you hold CTRL while dragging an item, it stays the same size. If it's too big to fit the space, then it goes back to its original position.

33 Comments
qlikster
Contributor III
Contributor III

I agree,

this has to be fixed. Holding CTRL to move without resizing is the best idea. Otherwise just set no resize as default when moving objects around.

BCFi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Please do something about this topic. I cannot believe you still did nothing about this? Also you should consider that the object stay the same size, when you change the size of the sheet...

manish_amin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes..This is very simple  and must be available. It's  really pain to resize and adjust graphs. This must be on priority.

michalsk
Contributor
Contributor

+1, agree
a basic must have fix

gary07
Contributor
Contributor

How come this has not yet been solved in 2022? The post is from 2019, and the old post is from 2017!

EWmela
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

The current functionality is absurd. Please prioritise

RoryMcHugh-Catalyst
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Agree 100%, it's an everyday annoyance, why on earth was it designed this way, please fix it

AdyWorrall
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

For a developer this is a much needed utility please

ashoknimmagadda
Contributor
Contributor

This would Greatly help in reducing the Development time

DaveN
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone even reviewing this message board? This has been asked for since 2019. This should be a simple, standard feature of the platform and it isn't. Very frustrating.