Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Enhance download site

DanielRuta
Contributor III
Contributor III

Enhance download site

We have access on the Qlik download site, to get the preferred products.
There the selection of the desired version in combination of the release number is not intuitive. Look the following example:

DanielTS_0-1643379581103.png

Qlik Replicate and the version 2021.11 is selected. Based on the white and grey underlying text I see, that for that combination the release number "Initial Release" and "SR1" is selectable.
It would be better if you just show the possible selections. So just remove the other entries SR2-SR9.
The moment I select the latest version "SR1" all other entries are also underlayed grey.

DanielTS_1-1643379892655.png

Now it isn't possible to see, which release numbers are available.
It could be a little bit more intuitive 🙂

Maybe you agree with me 😄

5 Comments
AlexanderBrauwers
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure if I get you right. That behavior is associative design. I'd rather suggest to activate the "Alternative Selection" state which adds yellow as color.

DanielRuta
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Alexander, what exactly do you not understand? Maybe I can try to explain is better 🙂

Regarding your suggestion, what could that look like?

Thanks!

Meghann_MacDonald

@fabrice_lawson  can you please review this?

Meghann_MacDonald

The download site has been revamped and added to Qlik Community via a Qlik Sense app. 

Meghann

Status changed to: Delivered
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @DanielRuta, this is a direct application of the Qlik green,white,gray  and therefore works by design. Here is an article to describe @AlexanderBrauwers 's suggestion to activate Alternative Selection to help add color and clarity: Show Alternatives The Power of Yellow . Let me know if you have any issues!

Meghann

Status changed to: Closed - Already Available