Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

Hourly trigger in Qlik Sense task to have "Run only between" option

Congrid
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hourly trigger in Qlik Sense task to have "Run only between" option

Attachments

It will be beneficial to have an option to schedule a task to run only between certain time during the day via a hourly trigger.

For eg. If I want to run the task for every 5 minutes only between 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, there is not easy way of doing this via the QMC. 

So we have to currently keep the task running throughout the day. Thus using server resources even when its not needed.

This was possible in QlikView but is not available in Qlik Sense.

8 Comments
jonas_viklund
Contributor III
Contributor III

Good idea! We are also struggling with this lack of feature which is taken resources from other tasks when you dont need to run the task.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @Congrid this is actually a duplicate of this idea https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Qlik-Sense-task-reload-between-hours/idi-p/1652951 and we are now finally going to deliver it in the upcoming Feb 2022 release. this is where you will have the ability to set it up this way. Meaning reload in between of hours ...

Let me / us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Thomas

Status changed to: Open - In Development
Congrid
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you @Thomas_Hopp for the great news. looking forward to this.

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Thomas_Hopp,

this feature seems not available in Feb 2022. Do you have informations about it ?

Have a good day.

Johann

AlexTheTRex
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Thomas_Hopp

Is this features on production ? 

Have a great day.

Alex

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived