Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

Improved filter pane coloring, font styling

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Improved filter pane coloring, font styling

Considering the lack of options to underline special areas of objects in Qlik Sense pages (no underlying text box, nor any border sizing, coloring or sizing option ( and please don't give me the BS with the CSS options , this is another big frustration ! ), it would be useful to have the option to define some coloring and font styling of the filter panes (again, Vizlib did it some years ago).

At least in order to separate the filters and the meta-filters for ultra-dynamic interface (see @stevedark's Instant App or QQcosmic.app)

Even more reasons: visually and intuitively separating product filters, from client filters, from ..., etc

Thank you

PS: I really filled good to let out all these (and some more in different ideas).
Hopefully it will make sense to some of the smart guys in Qlik R&D and make it happen without waiting for votes to start moving with these.

Post previous version - Duplicate ideas removed

1.Horizontal values - Track status here

This is the most frustrating missing functionality in Qlik Sense for me.  (Especially considering the existence of several extensions that kind of solve this issue, but neither doesn't do it well. Except for the paid Vizlib extension, perhaps, but this also fails short in SaaS)

QlikView allowed us to add a ListBox where the values were shown one next to another (ListBox Properties/ Presentation/Single Column + and several additional options). Why is Qlik Sense complicating everybody to have to handle extensions (mostly not usable now in SaaS, anyhow) for such a simple 

2. Coloring & Styiling (information above)

3. Single selected value option used to be in Qlikview a Listbox property... Smart ! Track Status here
In Qlik Sense is an option of the Field... Wrong Why ? For 2 reasons:

- it's the only option in an obscure place

- it forces you to have the option active in all pages, which it's not allways the case (see alternate state situation)

4. As far as I know Hierarchy script option is working in Qlik Sense also.... Why not also the tree-view, which is directly  related !? Track status here

Thank you

PS: I really filled good to let out all these (and some more in different ideas).
Hopefully it will make sense to some of the smart guys in Qlik R&D and make it happen without waiting for votes to start moving with these.

7 Comments
BertVanImpe
Contributor III
Contributor III

I've lost count as to how many times people have requested for a horizontal filter pane.

It's hard to believe that after all these years we still have to resort to extensions to provide this functionality.

For those in need, I can strongly recommend the Simple field select extension. Don't let the name fool you, there is an impressive amount of functionality included.

https://github.com/mediassarQlikBranch/SimpleFieldSelect

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Tx, Bert for the Support. And for the link as well. Looks promising.

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, a few things I want to mention here to get the post focused in more.

1. Horizontal filter pane has been requested here: QS: Horizontal Filter Pane

2. Coloring & Styling of Filter panes - This is a new request and very valuable.

3. Allow only 1 value selection in filter pane has been requested here: Allow only one value selection in the filter pane and in this duplicate

4. I believe hierarchy is ~somewhat requested here: Make filter panes extendable to show the sub-levels of the dimensions  but it was requested after yours .

For this reason I'm thinking we can focus this idea in on #2 coloring and styling of filter panes, and support the other requests by adding likes & comments to those posts, so we are keeping status in one place. Is that ok with you? There are a lot of votes for this one, so I will make sure all (25) votes and the comments are added on to all the other ideas in our Idea Review app.

Meghann

QlikWong
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Meghann,

I just need to point out about Point 3 

3. Allow only 1 value selection in filter pane has been requested here: Allow only one value selection in the filter pane and in this duplicate

The requirement is not the same as per Allow only one value selection in the filter pane (current implementation) but the same as per this duplicate (the only 1 value selection only will activate when there is a selection and DO NOT always need 1 value being selected as default).  I saw your comment closing this duplicate one and tight it back to the first one, which to me is not 100% represent the requirement.

The reason that I'm pointing this out, as you know, I am also suggesting the same and from your conclusion in your reply, I just need this to be clearly pointed out to avoid misinterpretation.

THank you,

QW

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @QlikWong , got it, thank you for the clarification! I appreciate the help on that. I have opened Ability to select only one value for dimension in filter pane so that it is no longer closed as a duplicate, and will be reviewed and collect feedback. 

I have also edited the above idea post to focus on the Coloring & styling of filter panes so PM team can review it. @cotiso_hanganu please let me know if this is ok or if we should add anything else, and feel free to edit back info yourself! 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It seems the coloring  it's been released in SaaS and  soon to be released in QSSoW, right ?