Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Internal Parameter :"execute timeout" value for Azure Synapse Analytics endpoint to take effect to all queries

kmiyachi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Internal Parameter :"execute timeout" value for Azure Synapse Analytics endpoint to take effect to all queries

Hi, All

Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics target endpoint has a "executeTimeout" internal parameter.
I changed this value from 60(default) to 1800, but the changed value did not take effect on some query.

for example,
we got  execute timeout error with query for getting target column information "SELECT c.name AS [Column Name] FROM sys.pdw_column_distribution_properties AS d INNER JOIN…" just 60 secs.

My customer often got execute timeout error with 60 secs from Azure Synapse Analytics during Full Load and some tables loading processes were suspended due to execute timeout error. 

I know this timeout is mostly Azure Synapse Analytics' issue.
Microsoft had tried to resolve this issue , but not completely resolved yet.

So, please "executeTimeout" internal parameter value take effect to all query. 

Best Regards,

Keishi Miyachi

8 Comments
Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have you opened a Support case with Qlik for this issue?

Status changed to: Open - New
kmiyachi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Yes, I've opend a Support case with QLik.

(at that time, I didn't request this much detail.)

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Shelley_Brennan , @kmiyachi ,

Support team is working with Miyachi-san closely. Thanks for your update.

Regards,

John.

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe support has worked through this issue.  Please feel free to let us know if there is still an Ideation request here.  Thank you.

Status changed to: Closed - Archived
charlesrinaldini_colas

I'm facing this exact same issue with the Azure Databricks Delta endpoint and for some reason my post was marked as spam. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Replicate/Microsoft-Azure-Databricks-Delta-ConnectionTimeout/m-p/...

Will someone please take a look at it? 

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @charlesrinaldini_colas ,

The issue occurs at Azure Synapse Analytics endpoint while Replicate trying to access a system table:

SELECT c.name AS [Column Name] FROM sys.pdw_column_distribution_properties AS d INNER JOIN…

The code exists in Replicate 6.5/6.6/7.0. In these versions if Replicate does not get response from PDW in 60 seconds then  timeout error pops up.

From version 2021.5 GA release, we removed the table access code so the issue no longer happens.

When it comes to your issue, please make sure:

1. If the issue relevant to the exact same table; I do not think Azure Databricks Delta owns the system view.

2. What's the Replicate version. To get the fix please upgrade to 2021.5 latest build if you are running lower version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John. 

charlesrinaldini_colas

Hi @john_wang

I was able to get a hold of our account rep and am working with Gopi Nair on resolving this. It seems based on what you said that we may have upgraded to a version that does not have this fix in it. I'll keep that in when I meet with them. 

We are on version: November 2020 (7.0.0.356) 

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @charlesrinaldini_colas ,

I noticed you opened another article Microsoft Azure Databricks Delta ConnectionTimeout , your issue is irrelevant to Azure Synapse Analytics system table access. I'm afraid upgrading to 2021.5 may not help your issue. Instead, you may try internal parameters "executeTimeout" and/or "loadTimeout", set one or both of them to proper higher values and run task again. If the problem persists, let's discuss in another article, or open a support case.

Regards,

John.