Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Keep formatting on Excel Export

jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Keep formatting on Excel Export

When exporting a table or pivot table, the cell and value colors should be preserved.  End users develop specifications for how to color these based on operational conditions, and often make selections based on these.  The formatting is a critical part of the actionable insights. 

51 Comments
healthfirst001
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need it yesterday!!!

jcad
Contributor II
Contributor II

Posting to keep this current. I don't know how many likes or comments there can be before Qlik starts looking at this as a needed product feature that's we're requesting. So I'll keep on this and hopefully receive some input about this. I just don't know why this product feature wasn't included in the last update, so I would like to at the very least see this in the next version upgrade.

martingries
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

@Andrew_Kruger,

you wrote that some of the required features are already delivered with April 2021 SaaS. What's about the Windows version August 2021? Is this here also available? (I didn't find something in the "what's new" notes...

BR

Martin

mayuranp
Creator
Creator

Ever since we deployed Qlik Sense to the business, the main complain I get from the users is once exported to excel the report looks ugly and cant share it with the senior team. They had to do the formatting all over again.

A simple request, Qlik is not paying attention to.

shloime
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can use the LogiExport extension to achieve this functionality and much more such as adding "selection context" to the file and more.

shloime_0-1630074821166.png

Read more:

https://logiexport.logsys.co.il/documentation/

sofiene_1920
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Dario_Gee
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I also run in this issue and want to push the topic. Unfortunately the like for this article is not available for me.

eyalnir_qlik
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Need!

SaaraKorppi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi our users are frequently asking for this feature - any updates?

martingries
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Dear all,

maybe the solution is since today available.

Please check the release notes for QS on Windows February 2022

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2022/Content/Sense_Helpsites/WhatsNew/What-is-new-QlikSens...

BR 

Martin