Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Let us rename Files in Qlik SaaS

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Let us rename Files in Qlik SaaS

Renaming Files in Qlik SaaS only renames them in the HUB. The file itself keeps its original name. Therefore a renamed file still needs to be adressed by it's original name in the load script.

I was sure this is a bug, but support told me that renaming a file is a feature and I should request this here.

Here is a detailed description of the bug aka missing feature

1) Upload an excel file to qlik cloud
2) navigate to the space that contains the file
3) clik on the thre dots ... and click on rename
4) give the file a new name and clik save.
5) go to space details and click on data sources

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR: Name is *only* changed in Hub. The actual file still has the old name and the new name can *not* be addressed in the script as a data source.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Renaming a file actually renames the file instead of only renaming it on the frontend causing that the file has two different names (frontend + file system).

4 Comments
generalisupport
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is true and it caused us a lot of problems

jfitz_chicago
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

HUGE pain right now. Particularly when you have issues with a QVD so you make a backup copy of it which does you no good because you can't rename it.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived