Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Make it possible to customise the subject of emails sent from the log4net SMTP appender

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Make it possible to customise the subject of emails sent from the log4net SMTP appender

It's possible to get reload failure notification emails via the log4net SMTP appender. 

That's useful, even better would be if the subject line could also be customised. Looks like it's not a huge code change (but still a change, of course), example here.

Having this it would be possible to have alert emails with subjects such as "Reload task named '<reload task name>' has failed". Would be useful.

There's talk about the general publishing, alerting etc experience in the QMC will get a facelift too, but awaiting that the above could maybe be a quick & easy fix?

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
4 Comments
renato_gerber
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

That would be very helpful

or build a e-mail notification in the QMC, that would be better.

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Since writing the original post I badly needed the ability to send alert emails when tasks failed or were manually aborted, so I added this feature to the open source Butler tool. 

Details here

Sample email sent when a reload task fails: 

mountaindude_0-1637245823090.png

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived