Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Pivot Table - Total Option (Above & Below)

Silambarasan1306
Creator III
Creator III

Pivot Table - Total Option (Above & Below)

Hi Techies, There are lot of updates in the qlik sense server (i.e. Charts, Data management, etc.,). But, I really felt very bad about the PIVOT TABLE. Every clients needs pivot table total to be placed below the rows. Why don't we have any changes in the pivot table row total (Above & Below option) and for column totals (Right & Left).. ?? This will be a great advantage if we have this option too.. 🙂 Thanks.

22 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

To be fair, the Pivot Table need a total redesign :

-placement of total

-more flexibility to develop (develop column by column or develop several columns at once)

-proper displaying of column header

-etc, etc...

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
aldo-tgh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Will be useful to have the option to let the user to decide if to show / hide totals per dimension. 

Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is very much needed, SIMPLY having the Totals on the right, rather than the left in a Pivot table is super simple yet powerful. 

adamjank
Contributor III
Contributor III

'2019-08-21" @Patric_Nordstrom 
It's over 1.5y and still we can't make totals on the bottom... 
It's not funny

rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

From my (partner) perspective, as we look for ways to help clients make the migration from QlikView to Qlik Sense, this is a functionality gap that keeps arising.  Some time back, there was an indication that advanced authoring was a priority and I would like to think this qualifies.

This function gap comes up regularly for financial reporting and while the P&L Pivot extension goes some way to closing this gap, it would be beneficial to have this type of control over the standard pivot table as there are times when the P&L Pivot isn't suitable i.e. reporting with multi-level chart of accounts.

As a workaround we can publish a QlikView app in the Qlik Sense hub, however, that doesn't offer the opportunity to really use all of the benefits that Qlik Sense can offer, nor does it really assist new sites.

I appreciate the opportunity to provide Qlik with this level of feedback and I know there are a lot of competing priorities, however, it would be great to understand where this fits on the product roadmap.

Thanks.

GMS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, 

is there any further progress to this issue? 

I find it quite crazy that a market leading platform cannot have this simple feature. 

CindyGoutier123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I would like to reiterate the importance of this requirement please. We have a large userbase and this requirement keeps coming up time and time again.

Can we please get some support in getting this added to the product.

Many thanks

GMS1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Qlik,

Could we get an update as to if this will be considered or has been considered to be implemented?

Current status is open - 'collecting feedback', is there enough feedback here to implement this?

Over 1,000 views and 3 years.

Helmut
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Qlik,

please add those feature and extend the capability for the pivot table.