Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

PostgreSQL partitioned tables replication should read sub-table without explicitly adding those sub tables

mehulthakkar
Contributor II
Contributor II

PostgreSQL partitioned tables replication should read sub-table without explicitly adding those sub tables

When replicating tables from PostgreSQL as a source, it requires to select all partitioned sub-tables be added during table selection at design time.  PostgreSQL information schema already includes parent and all sub-tables detail for these partitioned tables.  I am thinking if replicate task has out of the box support to read all sub-tables without explicitly adding them in the task and writing to a single table at target database/system.

We have a scenario where our tables are daily partitioned and these partitioned are kept for 90 days, in this case if we have 15 tables, for example, it will include all partitions for all 15 tables that is 1350 tables added to the task.  This limits how many user facing tables (parent tables) we can include in the task that can be supported without impacting any performance of a task or support team.

currently we have handled this scenario by leveraging table selection pattern and global transformation to rename target table to parent table.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Nulee_Massaro
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
mehulthakkar
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Nulee_Massaro, I see you have closed this idea.  Can you please also provide rational behind the decision to decline?

Nulee_Massaro
Employee
Employee

@mehulthakkar  I apologize for not commenting on this when closing the ideation. We are currently in the process of moving all ideations to a new system. In an effort to make this migration easier, we are closing older ideations that did not see a lot of activity (likes/comments). If you are still interested in this enhancement, please open a new ideation so it repopulates as "new" in our system. 

Thank you. Let me know if you have any questions! 

mehulthakkar
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is a enterprise requirement and backed by Qlik PS.  Should have be discussed prior to declined.

nareshkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can we perform a load from a Non partition table a partitioned PG table in Qlik replicate ?