Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

QMC Tasks: Tree view of task chain

Anonymous
Not applicable

QMC Tasks: Tree view of task chain

Current QMC Tasks list only allows for seeing the preceding and following tasks of a specific task.

A tree view would be more helpful.

If there is an app for this the idea can be closed.

16 Comments
tan123qlik
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

This is a must.

johan_ennerup
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am surprised that this does not have more likes. In bigger environments it is completely impossible to get a good overview of the dependencies.

I think this should belong in the QMC since it is such a core feature to and structure the tasks there.

jonas_viklund
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, big like! This is very useful if you have many chained tasks. It will give you a better overview of the task list.

MichalK
Contributor III
Contributor III

I agree - removing tree view and simple task stats (as last and average reload times) is completely unintelligible for me. 

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I've worked a bit on a standalone tool (Windows, Mac) doing this (and more), the tree view looks something like this:

mountaindude_0-1631084331270.png

A question for you guys out there though:

Would a standalone tool be useful? Sort of a standalone QMC app with features missing in the standard QMC.
Or should it go into the QMC (then we'll have to wait for Qlik to prioritise it, of course)?

MichalK
Contributor III
Contributor III

I need it to determine tasks reload order so I guess standalone would be useful too 🙂

HeyturnontheAC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Another like from me! To add onto this, last task execution as a label or hover-over would be the icing on the cake. The majority of the time that my team is clicking through chain after chain is because we are determining if any tasks have failed, causing delays down the line. A labeled, or color coded tree indicating if any tasks have failed would be enormously helpful for quick diagnoses.

zarmoton
Creator
Creator

Excellent idea, YES YES YES.

I'm moving step by step from QlikView to QlikSense

In my very complex environment (severals hundreds tasks ) , QMC in QlikSense is so poor ....

Yes , i take it as soon as available !!

phima
Contributor II
Contributor II

+1

We're migrating from QlikView and the Task Overview in Sense is very poor.

HeyturnontheAC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Additionally, a seemingly easy step between a full tree view would be "Last Completion Time" in the task chaining pop up window within the QMC Task View. If we are trying to determine why an expected task hasn't run yet, but that task is dependent on 10 other tasks completing, knowing the last time each dependent task completed would really help in diagnosing chaining issues. All of this moving towards the same goal of better task monitoring/management within the QMC.