Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Qlik Compose CDC ETL Task/Instructions run Performance with Snowflake as target

Hrishikesh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Compose CDC ETL Task/Instructions run Performance with Snowflake as target

Currently we have a Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses  Project with 106 Entities and growing with Snowflake as our target database

Whenever we run the CDC ETL task, it runs for several minutes (sometime > 10 mins.).

Our generated ETL set has > 5,000 SQL instructions to run.

We observed that sometimes data gets modified for only a few Source Entities out of total 106, but Compose runs all the 5,000 instructions which in turn causes the ETL task to run several minutes.

We are looking for near real-time data refresh in our Data Warehouse and Data Marts.

Can Compose be smarter to recognize the condition "where count(*) > 0" in __CT tables in landing and only run the corresponding mapping related ETL instructions?

I think that will improve performance a lot instead of "always" running 5000 SQL instructions, as only the ETL for modified entities will be run.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Hrishikesh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @TimGarrod , saw this idea moving to Open state, when is it targeted to be developed?

Looking forward, as this will be an exciting feature for overall ETL Performance improvement

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hrishikesh , phase 1 of reducing / eliminating execution of some statements based on run-time parameters is undergoing development now.  I don't have an explicit date - as it depends on dev / testing etc.   However, I will update you here when I know more. 

Hrishikesh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ok thanks for the update, will this eliminate "Populating staging table..." ETL statements and the staging table data processing steps that follow when there is no landing data available in __CT tables?

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Compose November 2022 SR (a patch release ontop of 2022.05) has additional filtering of ETL instructions to reduce the churn when no data is present to be processed.

Status changed to: Delivered