Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Qlik Replicate Source database Connection retry

zwatkinscovermymeds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Replicate Source database Connection retry

I recently opened a support ticket stating "Last night we underwent monthly windows patching. Patching is automated and we have multiple servers patched in a round robin fashion. after the patch the server (source and target for our log stream task and replication task) is rebooted. During this reboot all of our task errored out causing several alerts. Some of the task were able to be resumed, but a majority needed to be reloaded. Is there a way to make all of these task more resilient to windows patching so I would not have to reload all of my task monthly?"

During the described reboot our sql server databases go into recovery mode for a short bit. At this point Replicate errors out with the message: 

00009292: 2021-08-23T21:46:07 [METADATA_MANAGE ]E: RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 42000 NativeError: 983 Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Unable to access availability database 'DATABASENAME' because the database replica is not in the PRIMARY or SECONDARY role. Connections to an availability database is permitted only when the database replica is in the PRIMARY or SECONDARY role. Try the operation again later. [1022502] (ar_odbc_conn.c:563) 

Due to other reasons the task eventually had to be reloaded, but is there a way to make the above message a recoverable error instead of a fatal error or is there a way to add retries to a fatal error?

Tags (2)
6 Comments
Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for the feedback.  We will collect feedback from others here as well.

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did you work with Qlik Support for this scenario yet?  If so, could you share the ticket number?  If not, I would recommend working with them on this issue as well.

Status changed to: Open - New
zwatkinscovermymeds
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, I've worked with support and they told me nothing could be done. The support case is 02251583. I will also be working with my professional service rep and a SQL Server SME later this week to see if we can discover a solution.

Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks for the feedback here.

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived