Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Qlik Sense - Show missing applymap name

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Sense - Show missing applymap name

Following on from my combined post about Improvements to Script Logging to help developers based on Patric's suggestion, I'm now logging each item separately.

Could Qlik Sense please show the missing applymap name when it errors. At the moment it just says there was a missing map_id but it doesn't tell you which one. It's common to have a few / many applymaps when modelling data, so knowing which is causing the problem would be very useful (even if it's only the first missing one)!

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
5 Comments
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If I had only one vote, I would vote for this!

devan9876
Creator
Creator

Omg, yes!
I love the scripting syntax in Qlik and how much you can do with it but the error messages are just awful and it drives me insane having to look through my code to find what is causing the error.

I wish for every error they could just give us a tab name and line number or at least like you said the name of the map/field that is missing,dupplicated ect.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea by commenting and liking.

Thanks, 

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived