Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Restriction of Analyzer Capacity minutes to different user groups

ARA92
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Restriction of Analyzer Capacity minutes to different user groups

Is there any way to restrict the use of analyzer capacity minutes to different user groups? For example I want to assign 500 minutes to group a and 500 minutes to group b per month.

7 Comments
skagamitani
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

There are many requests in Japan for how to set usage restrictions for each group of users. I think that if there is such a function, the usage will expand.

Laura_qlik
Luminary
Luminary

I think this is a big one, since we have different clients using QlikSense Cloud, now that they have to pay the licenses, I think is the time when they start looking for other solutions; however, if we had the option to assign a group the analyzer Capacity pack, then it would be a cheap solution for them. 

We can not give them this solution, because then we don't have the control to separate the minutes from one or another client, so we force them to buy analysers, and then don't like this solution.

PLEASE, MAKE THIS HAPPEN SOON! 

THANK YOU.

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

we definetly need that feature as soon as possible!

Adev
Contributor II
Contributor II

Agree, we really need to be able to assign analyzer capacity minutes to a user group. These user groups/clients have to pay for the license allocation. We have no proper control to allocate the usage allowed. We are therefore not able to add more groups and purchase more minutes per group. We are currently limited to one group. Purchasing professional licenses per user is not feasible.

Thanks

jon_mantel
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

As a partner we have quite a few customers using analyser capacity packs and the the most common request is to be able to provide a quota allocation at a user or group of users (e.g. Business Unit) level.

Many companies have business units which each contribute financially to the company BI capability, while using usage tracking after the fact is ok for charge back, their issue is a shared pool can still be drained by one or more users at the expense of the other users. Providing a quota capability which stops users using more minutes than they have been allocated would be of huge value. It would also promote the sale and usage of the analyser capacity pack licenses for large organisations.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived