Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Schedule the load data in Data Catalyst

alexandru
Employee
Employee

Schedule the load data in Data Catalyst

Currently only the QVD ingest data has the possibility to schedule the data load/refresh it would be nice to have it for all source types

Tags (1)
8 Comments
Christopher_Ortega

Alexandru and those who liked this post:

Please provide more feedback on how you would like to see this work.

There is a deprecated, hidden module called Scheduler that allows you to schedule entity loads, prepare dataflows, or/and publish jobs into a serial process.  Note it is entity loads.

Your request mentions scheduling for sources.  

Would you like to see something different than the deprecated scheduler or the scheduler?  If the scheduler, is it sufficient for what you seek or are you looking for something in addition to that?

Thanks!

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Carlton_Lo
Employee
Employee

Chris, 

I think re-open the hidden scheduler is a start. Recently, we have more clients looking for a scheduling capability for data load as well as prepare workflow. The idea of calling API is also not well received since they have already spent $ on software and now they have write extra code / script.

Thanks

Christopher_Ortega

Thanks.  I understand that the lack of scheduling of loads is a gap and you say that the scheduler module is a start, but you didn't really address my question.

If it is a start, it is not in and of itself enough.  What more would you like to see?

Thanks!

alexandru
Employee
Employee

Hi @Christopher_Ortega , I really appreciate that you're asking for more details.

So from a functionality point of view, it would be nice to have

1. something similar to Qlik Sense, where you can Schedule whatever Task you want, both Extract/Prepare/Publish

2. be able to aggregate the triggers in cascade, example: after "Extract_Mkt" finishes, to trigger in automatic the "Prepare_Mkt"

3. integrate it the Design Flow together with the Lineage 🙂

So in my opinion, having these features will make our customers very happy! 😄

Peter_Kim
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think we ought to look at a pan-product scheduler and job tracker - across Replicate, Compose, Catalog, and Sense.  That seems to make the most sense.

Christopher_Ortega

I agree with @Peter_Kim  on this topic and will explore this further.

Christopher_Ortega

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
Meghann_MacDonald

This feature has now been delivered in May 2023. Thank you for your contributions!

Read more on the change log: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/saas-change...

Status changed to: Delivered