Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Selections Insights

AndrewMcIlwrick
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Selections Insights

A typical user session in QS may involve a combination of using data filters, analysing charts, using advanced tools like selection insights / insights advisor, bookmarks, clear etc.

People in the business world today are busy. And often get distracted.

Yes they can step backwards and forwards via the toolbar at the top.

It would be really helpful if their entire session data selection and navigation focus was available as a pop-up display. "10 minutes ago I was looking at Sheet X then I selected Germany then I went to Sheet Y etc etc. Ah I forgot because I picked up a call. Let's go back there and explore more ......". Think of behaviour on Amazon or EBay where you are reminded about what items you looked at. Frequently ! Plus you get a view in so many sites ( Amazon, EBay, AirBnB and many others ) that 'n' people are looking at the same item.

How useful would that be in a large business organisation to really drive collaboration with colleagues if QS could show you what others were exploring ? People should not work in isolated bubbles.

A feature like this would add value imo and allow the user to focus their busy mind on their insight behaviour. And let others see it. And drive collaborative business change.

3 Comments
Alistair
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived