Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Toggle selection options in filters without enabling "Always one Selected one" option

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Toggle selection options in filters without enabling "Always one Selected one" option

Hi Team,

When I have 2 dependent fields and both need to be single selected, so I have to enable "Always one Selected one" option on both fields which creates a terrible problem as it blocks some values if respective values don't have any relation.

To avoid this issue, QlikSense should have toggle selection option in QlikSense filter object without enabling "Always one Selected one" option.  It  will resolve many issues because we have to do many unnecessary workaround to make such scenario happen.

Also, I would suggest to have RADIO & Check boxes option in filters (of course with toggle selection)
We have to use extensions for this which creates issue while working in big companies from maintenance and security perspective.

6 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom - Is it in pipeline now?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The idea is in "Open - Collecting feedback mode, which means it is open for user to view, like and comment, it's not in development.

Thanks,

Patric

Shubham_D
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom  - Any update on the same ? 
It is really simple and important feature. 

To get this, I need to use VIZLIB filters which which I don't want because dont wanna rely on extensions and most of the companies dont even have vizlib libraries. 

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived