Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Variable Passing in ODAG

amandahartman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Variable Passing in ODAG

I would like the ability to pass variable values from the selection app to the template app through ODAG. I have a mashup where I am getting a value from a user and want to pass it through ODAG, but there is no finite limit of values that the user could enter, so generating this as a field value would not work, a variable would be required. 

Tags (3)
8 Comments
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
did
Employee
Employee

Please!! it is absolutely necessary!! 

Example: user writes down his/her comment in the selection app and this comment is visible in the per ODAG generated app.

VaidhyaGanesan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Its critical to allow user to type free text and pass to template app to get data. For huge data volume to load into selection app just for user selection compromise the benefits of using odag.

nearl
Contributor
Contributor

Another use case: I want to bring some info about my aggregate data (such as overall totals, category totals, ranking information, etc) in the selection app into the on-demand app.  For example:

Selection app:

Displays Revenue by Category, user selects a category to generate ODAG for.  In the selection app, I want to be able to calculate total revenue for all categories & pass as a variable value to ODAG.

On-Demand app:

Displays Revenue by Product within a Category selected in Selection app (ie, by filtering a query for a specific Category).  However since I am now looking at a filtered subset of data I no longer have access to overall total revenue across all categories (without making a second, slow data pull which is not ideal)

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Yes!

Much needed!

LucasPa
Contributor
Contributor

really necessary to integrate variables, master items and alternate states passing through ODAG. Otherwise, the visualizations in the Selection App are really limited.

MariB
Employee
Employee

Evidently we don't have Ideation anymore as this link goes to pendo.io.