Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. FIND OUT MORE

replication order while using optimized batch apply?

Airbus
Contributor III
Contributor III

replication order while using optimized batch apply?

Hello,

We identified during our tests that during the CDC the changes are not replicated as we want between different tables in batch optimized apply mode (we need to control the priority and the order Replicate apply the changes on target tables). 

We actually have to use transactional mode, which leads to a high ressources consumption on our Oracle DB.

For exemple, we have 4 tables (T1, T2, T3, T4) on source and target. Changes arrive on source tables (whatever the order).

Actually we cannot ensure the change apply order (sometime changes arrive on T1 before T4 and somtimes not...)

We would need to control, the full priority : apply changes on T4 first, then on T3, then on T2, and then on T1) during a batch.

Or at least a partial priority (apply changes to T4 first , and then whatever the order for T1, T2 and T3) during a batch.

For exemple, we would need a setting like the priority order of the load part (Lowest, Lower, Low, Neutral, High, Higher, Highest priority)

Best regards,

Bastien

4 Comments
Shelley_Brennan
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank you for the suggestion.  At this point, there are no plans to support the behavior described with batch optimized apply mode as the goal with this setting is to apply changes in the most efficient way possible.  The recommended solution would be to utilize transactional apply mode. 

Status changed to: Open - Not Planned
RemiLeMarois
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. Is it worth making a try playing with table load order and priority ?

I am in version 7 of Qlik Replicate.

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @RemiLeMarois , are you still waiting on a response for this? If so I can check with the team to review.

Meghann

marina_marshak
Employee
Employee

We are not planning to add this functionality to Batch Apply mode.

Status changed to: Closed - Declined