Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieR
Contributor
Contributor

Map Point Layer

Hi, 

I'm trying to create a point layer in maps where it only plots certain points from the data set but struggling to figure out how to do it. 

I have an Account Dimension of 40,000 accounts all with an ID and geolocation. But I only want to plot 4,000 of them that are currently active which is defined by a simple flag in the script. 

I have tried putting into the Dimension on the point layer =({$<CurrentAccountType={'ActiveSubscriber'}>}Key_AccountID), and also tried putting in the location field ({$<CurrentAccountType={'ActiveSubscriber'}>}GeoLocation), but with both of them it still plots every single account. 

I've thought I could add into the script a new field which only gives the geo location or account id where CurrentAccountType=ActiveSubscriber and null the other values, but don't really want to if i can avoid it. 

Any ideas please???

Labels (2)
1 Reply
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

If you split you GeoLocation into Lat and Long you can use expressions using set analysis.

max({$<CurrentAccountType={'ActiveSubscriber'}>}Lat) and max({$<CurrentAccountType={'ActiveSubscriber'}>}Long).

Not sure if you can use GeoLocation like that as well.