Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandiarajan
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Development

Hi All,

I have few questions to start Qlik Sense development in Qlik Hub (Dedicated Qlik Sense Server)

1) we have two separate servers for Qlikview and QlikSense so is it possible can I connect directly from Qliksense server to Qlikview server for connection to the QVW files?

2) Do I need to install Qlik view in Qlik Sense server for making connection between Qlik Sense server and Qlikview Server?

3) Our Qlik Sense development is very straight forward means existing Qlikview datamodel we are going to use Qlik Sense UI Development?

Kindly suggest me the good way of achieving it

Thanks & Regards,

Pandiarajan.R

5 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. Yes you can use a normal Windows drive share to connect from the Qlik Sense server to the folder/directory where you have the QVWs on the QlikView Server. Someone with administrative priveleges has to set up the Windows share.  Then the QVWs can be accessed as files through a folder connection in your Qlik Sense load script or Data Manager.
  2. No - installing QlikView on the Qlik Sense server will not help you with connecting the two at all.
  3. Yes you can reuse the data model and the loaded data for any of the QVWs made by QlikView by using a BINARY statement (a so-called BINARY load) as the very first statement in a Qlik Sense load script. This will load the entire data model with it's data into Qlik Sense before continuing and executing the rest of the Qlik Sense load script.
pandiarajan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, Petter for Your Quick Response.

I have one more issue actually My Qlikview application size 8 G.B.How can I convert into qlik sense ?. when i was trying to convert its showing more than 500 MB not allowed

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Converting a QlikView app to Qlik Sense is something different from reading the data model from a QVW. Even though both requires access to the same QVW to start.

So what do you want to do?

A) A one time conversion of QlikView applications.

B) Having QlikView applications running alongside Qlik Sense UI applications using the same data model?

pandiarajan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Petter ,

Exactly I want to do the Second option, but when i was trying to do Binary Load from my Qlik sense application i have found an error

"This Statement only works with lib:// Paths in this Script Mode"

I written script:

Binary \\path\file.qvw;

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Right - you will have to create a Connection - to be specific a Folder Connection and name it. The folder connection will contain the path to the folder.

The name of the folder connection can be used in a lib://<folder-connection-name>/myApp1.qvw