Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twales
Contributor III
Contributor III

Application Loading and Task Scheduler

Hi,

AWS r4xlarge.  Windows 2019 w/2 cores , 4 CPU's, 2/2022 AMI.

Each report is the same for 8 different DB's.  The largest loads in ~30 seconds.   Each is scheduled to run at the same time.  There are  multiple sets of reports that are similar but this is just one example.

What is happening now it seems is that 1/8 is failing due to slave not available.  

I read that each task uses one core, not sure if this is true or not but the total time for loading this group should be no more than 4 minutes. 

Doesn't Qlik queue each request and wait until a resource is available to run?  Not sure why I need to stagger tasks when Qlik can handle it better.  Otherwise were chasing report build times and scheduling based on loads and server activity.

The biggest  issue forthcoming will be significantly more data per DB/report and more frequent load times using CDC.

Is there any way to pipe in recent changes, change, updates and deletes into Qlik applications without a full rebuild?

Since we can handle CDC in the cloud for all our needs we're looking for a way  for Qlik reports to ingest changes without rebuild.  We're not likely to invest more into software for this purpose since we already have these tools.   We're looking for Qlik as is to be able to handle this capability which we think is reasonable given that CDC is decades old technology.

We're hoping for a plugin as opposed to licensing the whole Qlik Data integration suite as we have too many customized requirements.  Is such a tool available?

Thanks

Labels (1)
2 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

This is not trueI read that each task uses one core, not sure if this is true or not but the total time for loading this group should be no more than 4 minutes. 

This is true: Doesn't Qlik queue each request and wait until a resource is available to run?  

Is there any way to pipe in recent changes, change, updates and deletes into Qlik applications without a full rebuild? If you are saying to update the production app, then yes you can do it, duplicate the app, make changes and publish replace.

You should have at least 4 processors. 2 is not enough

rohitk1609_0-1649350459382.png

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as "Accept as Solution" or Like it.

Reach out to me at kumar.rohit1609@gmail.com if there is need of any clarification or assistance

Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/rohit-kumar-67ba152b/

To get latest updates and articles, join Qlik community at https://www.facebook.com/QlikIntellectuals

Best,
Rohit

twales
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

What you noted at 4 cores required is counter to min  8GB mem on the same page you referenced.  It's a moderately large deployment w/2 physical cores, 4 CPU's , 32GB mem and currently 199GB free space.  I don't need 4 cores just to rebuild 8 small applications in a row which means basically I'm doubling its size in AWS world.

Qlik can't be queuing each task and waiting indefinitely for resource because the log specifically has a failure waiting for a slave resource available.   The time span here is literally seconds and it fails.

The correct answer I found here which is to say Qlik isn't handling queuing beyond a few retries and then fails.

Solved: Task Priority - Qlik Community - 1909817

Basically it's overloaded which is ridiculous for the small load in discussion. A test deployment with only dev/test users, doesn't need 4 cores just to load 8 small apps in succession and if it is required then that's a Qlik problem.

Regarding CDC, no I'm not saying that I'm saying CDC which means data changes are piped into a data source in real time and application would be built in real time.  It has nothing to do with duplicating applications.