Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
langelwong
Partner - Contributor III

Asign analyzer capacity license to specific users

Hi 

I have 3 analyzer capacity license. All the users can access to this licenses. Is there a form to asign one of this licenses to a specific group of people ? So other people can´t consume the recourses of the license.

Thanks

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Analyzer licenses are completely distinct from analyzer capacity

For example if you had a LEF that included:

ANALYZER;3;;
ANALYZER_TIME;1000;;
ANALYZER_TIME_UNIT;6;;

You would have 3 Analyzer licenses you could assign to users, giving those users as much access as they require to applications on the hub. They would be assigned as normal, either manually allocating them to users or via a rule as covered in our help

You would also have 1000 minutes for other users without a license to access and use applications in the hub. By default, this would be useful to any unlicensed user able to log into the system, but the rule can be adjusted as covered by the article I linked in my previous post.

View solution in original post

Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

Information for Analyzer Capacity license in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Service is also found under License / User Allocation 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

I'd just like to clarify, when you say you have 3 analyzer capacity license do you mean:

1. You have a license that has 3 analyzer users?

2. You have a license that has a certain amount of analyzer capacity (generally this will be at least 1000 minutes) that you want only 3 users to be able to use.

In scenario 1, you simply create a rule in the License Management section, as covered by this page in our help

In scenario 2, the set up is a little tricky as the rule you need to adjust is not normally visible in the QMC, but we do have a method to access and adjust it covered in our KB

langelwong
Author

I have 3 analyzer capacity with 1000 minutes each. All the users in the Active Directory can access and minutes will be consumen when they enter a published app.
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

Analyzer licenses are completely distinct from analyzer capacity

For example if you had a LEF that included:

ANALYZER;3;;
ANALYZER_TIME;1000;;
ANALYZER_TIME_UNIT;6;;

You would have 3 Analyzer licenses you could assign to users, giving those users as much access as they require to applications on the hub. They would be assigned as normal, either manually allocating them to users or via a rule as covered in our help

You would also have 1000 minutes for other users without a license to access and use applications in the hub. By default, this would be useful to any unlicensed user able to log into the system, but the rule can be adjusted as covered by the article I linked in my previous post.

langelwong
Author

Thanks for the repply I have no Analyzer licences only analyzer capacity so I can´t find the asign option in the QMC. But I'm going to try making rules for users to access the licences.

Best Regards 

Luis Wong

Andre_Sostizzo
Digital Support
Digital Support

Information for Analyzer Capacity license in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Service is also found under License / User Allocation 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up! 🙂
crunch
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can you share a print screen with the Security Rules configuration?

Viktor1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dear support team,

Please provide clear instructions on how to create groups with users who will have access to the Qlik Analyzer Capacity license model only.

We have Qlik Sense April 2020 version,

License:

ANALYZER;34;;
ANALYZER_TIME;2000;;
ANALYZER_TIME_UNIT;6

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any solution from the conversation here.

Any screenshots or detailed step-by-step instructions would be very useful.

Many thanks!