Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickarora
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to only allow 1 user to access a Qlik Sense App in the stream - hide this one app to all other users?

How would I hide a Qlik Sense App within a stream for all users except one?

I am assuming I can create a security rule in QMC to do this - just want to make sure I am doing this correctly? Thanks

This is what I have done - Am I missing something ?

Create new security rule

Use App Access template

Under resource filter - add "App_appid"

Action Read, Update and checked on

user name = John Haalt (Fictional name)

Context both in hub and qmc

Apply

=================

Also I am assuming Content Admins and all other admins can see all the apps - so how do I go about making sure that only one user can have access to this app??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rickarora
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Will do - but Admins will be able to access all dashboards - I need to find a few users who are non admin to do the testing after applying the security rule? 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Suraj_Maraje
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @rickarora 

Once you create security rule for app in QMC, you can verify it through running audit for that app and user.

You may refer to below help article.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA....

rickarora
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Will do - but Admins will be able to access all dashboards - I need to find a few users who are non admin to do the testing after applying the security rule?