Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikToFindOut
Creator
Creator

Load Balancing on a Specific Rim Node

Hey there,

We recently spun up a new and very specced up Qlik Sense rim node. The purpose of this node is for this node to be solely devoted to our busiest app (let's call it App A).

Which leads to my question on load balancing. Is it possible to only have this node service that one particular app? As in, no other apps can reload or use this node's resources, only App A.

App A will reload on this node, and anytime a user accesses the app, it will be against this node.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Yes this is doable but you will need to disable the default load balancing rule and define new ones so that every apps but AppA are available the original nodes.

And only AppA is available on the new node. 

Here is an example using custom properties (See scenario 2)

https://adminplaybook.qlik-poc.com/docs/asset_management/apps/review_pinning_load_balancing.html

I would strongly suggest to test this in a test environment.

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Yes this is doable but you will need to disable the default load balancing rule and define new ones so that every apps but AppA are available the original nodes.

And only AppA is available on the new node. 

Here is an example using custom properties (See scenario 2)

https://adminplaybook.qlik-poc.com/docs/asset_management/apps/review_pinning_load_balancing.html

I would strongly suggest to test this in a test environment.

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.