Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Load Sharepoint O365 Excel file in SaaS

Is there a way to bring Excel files in Sharepoint O365 into Qlik SaaS?

I can see a lot of metadata using the native connector but I am unable to get Excel file loaded in

Labels (2)
12 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is something I spent some time trying to get working, and got tantalisingly close, but in the end discovered that it is not possible to do this.

It works fine in Qlik Web Connectors on premise, and the Cloud connectors work in a similar way, but the final part of the puzzle (the GetFile method) is missing.

I raised this with @chrisbrain at Qlik, and he agreed that it is a missing piece of functionality that needs to be added.

As for ETA on when it might appear, that is a different question.

Hopefully it will appear soon, as I know a lot of people who are wanting to do this.

Steve 

illinileo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Totally agree that this is needed. This is a show stopper for me right now.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've just heard from @johngouws, over on the thread below, that a OneDrive connector has recently appeared. Hopefully they are looking at the full Microsoft stack and SharePoint will appear soon.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-SaaS-Multi-Cloud/Qlik-Sense-Business-OneDrive-Connector/m-p...

barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I found a work around which may be workable for some. You can convert your Excel file into a Sharepoint list. The ListItemsFromID function is available to load the List into Qlik Sense SaaS.

Cheers,

Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

Office 365 Sharepoint connector is now available through the script editor when you create a new connector 🙂

Julie_Main_0-1601542229192.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Julie_Main 

Unless I'm missing something, this is the same as has been available for a long while, allowing users to search Sharepoint and download lists.

The part that is missing is the final step, which is to load from a file which is situated on the SharePoint server. Talking to @chrisbrain on another thread, my understanding was that at some point a new connector would appear on the left hand list to surface file repositories in SharePoint as a file storage provider in Sense Cloud.

Hopefully I have missed something and this ability is now there.

Steve

Julie_Main
Employee
Employee

Nope, probably me - I haven't tested it out, someone else asked about a sharepoint connector, and I missed the piece about loading an excel file.  I'll ask internally ..

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks @Julie_Main , much appreciated. I've a number of other threads to update when this functionality does appear.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

There is no Web Storage Provider connector for Sharepoint, which prohibits direct file access in Sharepoint. This is being worked on, but there is no ETA to be shared at this moment. 

A possible workaround could be to use the OneDrive connector, as OneDrive utilizes same APIs as Sharepoint.  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Storage_Provider_Connectors_help/Content/Conne...