Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yuulee0011
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense 2023 Nov Install

Hi Guys and Experts:

seek for your kindly help on Qlik Sense Server 2023 Nov Install.

here is my install step : 1. install PG14 . -2 .install Qlik Sense 2023 Nov, choose create a new database .- 3. finished installing .

but I found that sharefolder is empty . and QlikSenseRepositoryService is down ,when restart it's down in 2 second.

Is there something error understanding about install steps ?  

when i check help.qlik, found that install on a single node  ,there is no need to install PG14 first . 

Thanks for your kindly help. 

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@yuulee0011 You are right, 1st step not necessary this case.

Please check 6th page, System requirements for Qlik Sense

Since this is fresh installation you can start from 2nd step. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It could be an issue with the access for your service account to you Qlik share. You should also make sure that the service account have sufficient privileges in general. Granting it local admin rights on the server is the easiest approach for that.

I suggest you to use the following page as reference when installing: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Chetan_MN
Support
Support

Hi @yuulee0011 For fresh install of Nov 2023 there is no need to install PG14 separately unless you need to have Postgres as a standalone. The Qlik Sense installer package will install Repo DB.

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@yuulee0011 You are right, 1st step not necessary this case.

Please check 6th page, System requirements for Qlik Sense

Since this is fresh installation you can start from 2nd step. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Vegar
MVP
MVP

It could be an issue with the access for your service account to you Qlik share. You should also make sure that the service account have sufficient privileges in general. Granting it local admin rights on the server is the easiest approach for that.

I suggest you to use the following page as reference when installing: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Chetan_MN
Support
Support

Hi @yuulee0011 For fresh install of Nov 2023 there is no need to install PG14 separately unless you need to have Postgres as a standalone. The Qlik Sense installer package will install Repo DB.

yuulee0011
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

thanks so much 

yuulee0011
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

thank you so much Vegar

yuulee0011
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

thank you chetan 

yuulee0011
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I have installed so many qlik sense  server ,but this is the first strange time.   repository service can't start for 5 seconds .,and there are 0 issue in every log records . Stopped by service management is the only thing i can see . 😂 

Don't know why this happened ,i have change Trellix thread rules so many times, but repository service still down.🤔

yuulee0011
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Here is my log checked in tracy system ,is this mean something blocked by Macfee/Trellix🤔

Fatal exception during startup Invalid provider type specified.↵↓
at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer)↵↓
at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.GetKeyPairHelper(CspAlgorithmType keyType, CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer, Int32 dwKeySize, SafeProvHandle& safeProvHandle, SafeKeyHandle& safeKeyHandle)↵↓
at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.GetKeyPair()↵↓
at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider..ctor(Int32 dwKeySize, CspParameters parameters, Boolean useDefaultKeySize)↵↓
at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate2.get_PrivateKey()↵↓
at Qlik.Sense.Communication.Security.Certificates.DotNetCert.SetPrivateKeyAccess(IdentityReference identityReference)↵↓
at Qlik.Sense.Common.Security.SecuritySetup.SetupCA(String externalRootCertThumbprint, ICipherAlgorithm secretsAlgorithm, Boolean forceNewSetup, Boolean selfSignedRootBasicConstraintsCA)↵↓
at Repository.Core.Bootstrap.RepositoryBootstrapper.Install(BootstrapState bootstrapState)↵↓
at Repository.Core.Bootstrap.BootstrapHandler.Install(BootstrapState bootstrapState)↵↓
at Repository.Core.Bootstrap.BootstrapHandler.Bootstrap(BootstrapState bootstrapState)↵↓
at Repository.QRSMain.Bootstrap()↵↓
at Repository.QRSMain.Main()↵↓
at Repository.QRSMain.Run(String[] args, Action`1 terminate)

Chetan_MN
Support
Support