Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ambtechsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Migration

We migtrated our QSE to another server and followed these articles:

1. Backing up a Qlik Sense site ‒ Qlik Sense for administrators
  2. Restoring a Qlik Sense site ‒ Qlik Sense on Windows
  3. Qlik Sense Migration: Migrating your Entire Qlik S... - Qlik Community - 1586020

Now that we've done the data restoration, etc. we get the following error when launching the QMC or the Hub:

ambtechsupport_0-1652229729735.png

I can see the URL is pointing to https://server-url/internal_windows_authentication/?targetId=398dec04-51b8-4cf1-8ba8-ffd5ee71dbe3

Grateful for any assistance to get this resolved.

As a note, a fresh installation without the data migration works perfectly.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Boris_I
Support
Support

Hi @ambtechsupport  If  the name of the server is different  dont forget to do the bootstrap

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

ambtechsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks All - tried everything but it wont work. I'm not sure why the Internal Windows auth error comes up as soon as I do the bootstrap

Boris_I
Support
Support

Hi, i'm a bit confused with your last message, because when you do the bootstrap you are not supposed to use Sense. All the services should be down expect the repository database. 

Did you restore the DB to the exact same version of Sense?

Regards

ambtechsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Author

hi Boris, yes I did restore the DB to the same version. 

The issue occurs as soon as I run  repository.exe -bootstrap -standalone -restorehostname

Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

Can you share with us the error you are seeing?
No error regarding windows auth should occur immediately after bootstrap since all services should be down.
Also was the original deployment single node or multi-node?
And did you have a prefix in your original deployment you neglected to use now?

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!