Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnunes
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense Server 14.20 MFA Login

HI all, 

I want to configure Qlik to use MFA on login. I tried to find how to do it, without any results. 

Can anyone here know how to implement MFA? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @tnunes ,

Kindly notice that Qlik Sense client managed does not do the authentication of the users, it relies on other components like IdPs (Azure, Auth0...) via diverse protocols like OIDC, SAML... or AD with NTLM. So, at the end it such has an MFA option you will be able to use, otherwise it won't be possible. 

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

tnunes
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

I my case I don't know if it works.

I have Qlik on premisse, windows machine. (Qlik Sense Server 14.20.8) 

All the Qlik users are users created in windows machine, so they are local machine users. We are not working with AD. 

Thanks 

Albert_Candelario

Hello @tnunes ,

Kindly notice that Qlik Sense client managed does not do the authentication of the users, it relies on other components like IdPs (Azure, Auth0...) via diverse protocols like OIDC, SAML... or AD with NTLM. So, at the end it such has an MFA option you will be able to use, otherwise it won't be possible. 

Cheers,

Albert

tnunes
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Albert_Candelario ,

So, if we are using the MS Windows AD for the Qlik login, we will not be able to have MFA? Only if we have Azure AD or other auth service we will be able?

Best regards

Tiago

Albert_Candelario

Hello @tnunes ,

If you google it might be solution on the market, all of them are out of Qlik Sense client managed because as mentioned this security layer is on top of the authentication that is not done on Qlik Sense.

You might want to explore options like Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for Active Directory (AD) (miniorange.com)

Usually, IdP has this already integrated, so is much easier to enable such functionality like:
Windows Azure Active Authentication: Multi-Factor for Security and Compliance - Microsoft Community ...

I hope this helps you!

Cheers,

Albert