Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romain_hervouet
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikSense migration February 2021 to a new Windows 2022 server

Hello,

I would like to migrate my qliksense server version february 2021 to a new Windows 2022 server.

Is this possible? If not, what is the right step to take?

Thanks in advance

Romain H

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @romain_hervouet,

Yes, it is definitely possible to migrate a Qlik Sense Enterprise environment to a different Windows Server. Have a look at the following Qlik Knowledgebase articles:

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

Officially we state that Windows 2022 is supported from Qlik Sense May 2022 onward. I tested in a lab today and that worked fine even for Qlik Sense February 2021. 

However I didn't test all functionality but tried to upgrade it to May 2022 and that also went fine. Saying that it's your choice, if you upgrade Sense or Windows first but i would advise to go over to May 2022 and later after the OS upgrade. 

Regards 

Sebastian 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @romain_hervouet,

Yes, it is definitely possible to migrate a Qlik Sense Enterprise environment to a different Windows Server. Have a look at the following Qlik Knowledgebase articles:

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
romain_hervouet
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your answer

I have another question, is Qlik Sense Enterprise compatible with Windows 2022 or do I have to upgrade QlikSense Enterprise first before migrating it to a Windows 2022 server

Thanks in advance

Romain

Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

Officially we state that Windows 2022 is supported from Qlik Sense May 2022 onward. I tested in a lab today and that worked fine even for Qlik Sense February 2021. 

However I didn't test all functionality but tried to upgrade it to May 2022 and that also went fine. Saying that it's your choice, if you upgrade Sense or Windows first but i would advise to go over to May 2022 and later after the OS upgrade. 

Regards 

Sebastian 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂