Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itadmin_isa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reload Task Stuck in Starting

Hi All

I have a couple of reload tasks that hang. By this I mean that the reload task stays in status "Starting" until manually aborted. This impacts the other reload tasks that I have in place

I would like your advise on the below:

1. Is this a Qlik sense issue ?

2. What might be causing the reload to remain in the "Starting" status for hours until manually aborted ? Ideally, shouldn't it move to "Failed" ?

3. Is there a way I can counter this i.e. if the task remains in "Starting" for over 30 minutes, I want the task to be aborted automatically

4. Any advise on how to tackle the situation

Labels (1)
  • Other

13 Replies
itadmin_isa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @RafaelBarrios @Albert_Candelario 

I looked at the logs from the folder path C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script

To me, it doesn't seem like there is any new information in the logs. The only difference from the logs of a successful job are the last 3 lines 

All fields specified in the query were found - User aborted (I did manually from QMC) - Execution failed 

20220926T010044.506+0400 53 fields found: .......
20220926T121608.134+0400 User abort
20220926T121608.144+0400 Execution Failed

Albert_Candelario

Hello @itadmin_isa ,

As per the row:
20220926T010044.506+0400 53 fields found: .......

It seems the task was executing normally, could you let the task run and see if it hits the Task Timeout or not, instead of aborting it manually.

If doing so, we might have a better picture of what is going on.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
itadmin_isa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Albert_Candelario 

I have tried that too, but the task status does not change. Unless the job is aborted, the status will remain as "Started"

Albert_Candelario

@itadmin_isa for how long did you left the task on started? Is the task timeout 24h. I would suggest changing the task timeout to 4h for example and see if it times out or not. If it does, then move back to 24h and leave it there for 24h+ hours and see the outcome. 

Cheers,

Albert 

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer