Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gvmpro
Partner - Contributor III

Root Admin access and work with apps on Hub

Hi All,

This is my situation: i've been working with a Professional License (with access to QMC and Hub as root Admin and Deployment Admin) to make adjustment and maintenances to the client but this is a borrowed license from the cliente and now they need to use it... So i find another user that somebody call 'qmc_user' wich is also a Root Admin and Deployment Admin, so i can actually administrate everithing from QMC but i can't see and work whit the apps on the hub.

I already add this user to the streams i need but still nothing, just enter to hub, but cant see apps in My Work space.

Also, realize that the security rule for this user is read only so im unable to change the type to 'Both QMC and Hub'.

Ill apreciate any help on this, thx in advanced!

Gabriel

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Hello Gvmpro,

Yes, you should allocate a license to your new user in order to open app.

View solution in original post

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Hello again Gvmpro,

I still dont get your question, License is only needed for consume apps from hub. You dont need to allocate a user to access QMC if that is your question. Btw i never heard "Master License" or "Admin License". There is 2 type of license available for qlik

1)Token based 

2)Prof/analyzer

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sens...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Hi

Try to change ownerships of apps from your olduser to new one.

Gvmpro
Author

Thax for the quick answer,

But unfortunatelly, even when i can change the ownership of the app, im still without access to open te app in the hub... reeived a messege "An error has occurred- cannot access Qlik Sense because it does not have access permission" makes me wonder if need a professional license as well...

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Hello Gvmpro,

Yes, you should allocate a license to your new user in order to open app.
Gvmpro
Author

Hi all,

@BTIZAG_OA thx for your answer,

knowing that now, i have a new question: There is possible to get (buy if neccesary) a kind of master license to add and use with an especific client and no to be obligated to work extracting from qmc, work on local, publish and then to ask the client if everything is ok? i mean, so far i have been making modifications in duplicates apps in the hub, then publish, load new data and check before tell the client.

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Hello Gvmpro,

I didnt get your question 😞

Gvmpro
Author

Sorry BTIZAG_OA, i didnt explain myself very well perhaps...

One thing is an User and other thing is a License to allocate an user, i get that.

Currently im using a License belongs to the client to work in qmc & hub. basically, i allocated that license to my user.

The client now need their license for one of their users.

I want to know if -as a qlik partner- i can buy a license for my company and allocate to my user, actually, i know i can... but the real question is ¿there is something as a "Master License" or "Admin License" in qlik that i can buy and use for any client? or my only option is to buy a regular Pro License and allocate my user to work as before?

Thx again

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Hello again Gvmpro,

I still dont get your question, License is only needed for consume apps from hub. You dont need to allocate a user to access QMC if that is your question. Btw i never heard "Master License" or "Admin License". There is 2 type of license available for qlik

1)Token based 

2)Prof/analyzer

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sens...

Gvmpro
Author

Hi BTIZAG_OA,

Yes, you actually answered my questions... I know i dont need a license to work in qmc, i can access with my current user call "RootAdmin" with the right configurtion and administrate everything from there.

There is not an "Master" o "Admin" Licenses to have an All-in-One User, was just an example to make my question and you just confirmed what i was thought (just token based or Prof/Ana licenses).

Im thinking, as a Partner of Qlik, the only solution is call to buy a Prof License and allocate my user so i can access to the hub and keep working as before (qmc+hub).