Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Shared Files in SaaS

Looking to see best practices with SaaS version of Sense for common data layer

I have a Development and Production environment. Whether I use Shared or Managed spaces, it seems I have to duplicate Database connections and my qvds to both spaces and then refresh the app in each separately.

Would love to hear how people are managing the duplication issue. Are you using variables in say Personal to refresh the QVDs and publish to both spaces and then the refresh of the app in each space?

Also, how are you managing flat files that are updated periodically by the user? I don't see any other way other than manually uploading that to Data Files for each space.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

I actually find this feature to be annoying and restrictive. Having the ability to move a data connection between spaces would be really great.   

What we're currently doing is creating any connections in a shared space.  We have a dummy app in there anyone can use to create a data connection.  The connection is then accessible in the personal space for users with access to the shared space.  This is working ok so far because there are only 2 of us.  If the team grows this might be problematic to manage and we might look at having a dedicated space for data connections.  That way they're all in one central, accessible spot.

Of course this process won't work for self service where a user has created something grand that should be shared more widely with the organisation, because they would have created everything in Personal.

As for flatfiles - we're not using the Qlik datafiles at all.  The only way you can access these is via Qlik which is again, very restrictive for Enterprise - maybe not for Business as these customers may may not have access to other Cloud Storage options.  Unfortunately, we're on Sharepoint and the provided connector is brokeny.  So we've set up an hourly batch to copy the Sharepoint files used to Azure container.   This is working ok so far.