Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aghabdurauf
Contributor III
Contributor III

Geo Analytics: How to add image in a Tool tip of a Map

Dear mates,

I am trying to add some images in the Qlik Map tooltip, whenever I hover or click the point it shows the image in the tooltip. Is it possible in Qlik Sense Geo Analytics?

Here is the example image also the thing which I want.map-tooltip.jpg

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

This can be done in the info bubble. We have done this on our team with photos,Google map street view, and various custom info bubbles.

Use the following in your Custom Info Bubble for the Bubble Layer for google street view:

'<iframe src="[SOURCE URL]" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>'

For the other lines you can concatenate and use line breaks to get the desired info and look and feel:

&'Site Name: ' & Site_FIELD
&'<br>'
&'Address: ' & Address_FIELD
&'<br>' ......etc.

For the Source URL find the Google Street view that you want to start with. Likely facing the object you want to see. In the top left corner black box of google click the 3 dots ->Share or embed image->Embed a map->Copy HTML.

If you have several locations you can create an inline table or excel file to use a site dimension and the list of the total embed links and then just reference the field in the Info bubble. Example of info bubble:  

[Imagefield]

&'<br>'

&'TEXT: ' & [TEXTFIELD]

&'<br>'

You can even add the website in your info bubble if you would like. You use A tags for this.

'<a href="SOURCE URL"
style="color: rgb(0,255,0)"
target="_blank"> [Link Name if desired]
</a>'

View solution in original post

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@aghabdurauf I wanted to check back in. Did this work for you?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

This can be done in the info bubble. We have done this on our team with photos,Google map street view, and various custom info bubbles.

Use the following in your Custom Info Bubble for the Bubble Layer for google street view:

'<iframe src="[SOURCE URL]" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>'

For the other lines you can concatenate and use line breaks to get the desired info and look and feel:

&'Site Name: ' & Site_FIELD
&'<br>'
&'Address: ' & Address_FIELD
&'<br>' ......etc.

For the Source URL find the Google Street view that you want to start with. Likely facing the object you want to see. In the top left corner black box of google click the 3 dots ->Share or embed image->Embed a map->Copy HTML.

If you have several locations you can create an inline table or excel file to use a site dimension and the list of the total embed links and then just reference the field in the Info bubble. Example of info bubble:  

[Imagefield]

&'<br>'

&'TEXT: ' & [TEXTFIELD]

&'<br>'

You can even add the website in your info bubble if you would like. You use A tags for this.

'<a href="SOURCE URL"
style="color: rgb(0,255,0)"
target="_blank"> [Link Name if desired]
</a>'

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@aghabdurauf I wanted to check back in. Did this work for you?

aghabdurauf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Steven_Haught  Yes, it works. 

Thanks for helping me out.

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

That's great, if possible please mark the above as the answer! 

HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@Steven_Haught 
That is a really cool move! I am trying to do the same but I am unable to understand what you mean by custom info bubble? I am trying to do the same on the map object of Qlik Sense and all I can see is description in the Tooltip > Custom. When I add the code in the description box, the code is shown as is when I hover.

Can you please elaborate? 

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@HeshamKhja1 

The above is for use in the geo analytics bubble layer. I would need to do some testing for the standard map. 

mikael-c
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for this great advice.

Any idea how to tweak image size so it is fully contained inside the popup? I've been messing with iframe properties all day to resize the image completely because this is what I have:

mikaelc_0-1637613305821.png

Now I think I've gone completely mad and lost a whole day!

Thanks for any help!