Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elbertfjr22
Partner - Contributor III

GeoAnalytics Server behind Reverse Proxy (Azure Application Gateway WAF v2)

Hi Qlik Community,

I'd performed many Qlik Sense server and GeoAnalytics server integration setup for my past projects. However, for this project, GeoAnalytics server (and Qlik Sense server) are not directly accessible to the Qlik Sense users. It needs to pass through a reverse proxy (Azure Application Gateway WAF2 to be exact). I just found out that the Qlik Sense user's browser need to have a direct access to GeoAnalytics server when they are using maps. So I created separate DNS (URL) for GeoAnalytics Server reverse proxy. This is working as I can test access GeoAnalytics server using the geo proxy URL (please see screen shot).

My question is, what are the settings I need to change in GeoAnalytics server and Qlik Sense server? I cannot find a documentation for this particular scenario.

I found these articles in Qlik Community and tried all possible combination, but still I am not able to see the maps in the dashboard when I access Qlik Sense via the URL of the reverse proxy. (Access directly from the Qlik Sense server, I can see the maps no problem.)

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Proxy-settings-tips-for-the-Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Con...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-use-a-Web-Proxy-with-GeoAnalytics-Con...

Modified the following:

1. WebMap5Module.xml  file in GeoAnalytics server - added baseURL per documention.

2. idevioGeoAnalyticsConnector.exe.config - change the serverURL, locationServerPath, routeServerPath value to Geo Proxy URL.

3. idevioGeoAnalyticsConnector.exe.config - added <system.net> per links above. (Tested all 3.)

4. setting.js in ideviomap extension folder (Qlik Sense shared folder) - change the server url to Geo Proxy URL.

I attached the deployment diagram and the GeoAnalytics connectivty test from Geo Proxy URL.

Thank you and regards,

Elbert Flores Jr.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elbertfjr22
Author

Hi,

I finally made this scenario running. I'm sharing the working setup to everyone who might need to setup similar configuration in the future. It really hard on a situation where there are no official documentations.

1) On the following config files, use the URL of the reverse proxy. Don't add anything else on the default values.

a) \Custom Data\QvidevioConnector\IdevioGeoAnalyticsConnector.exe.config (Qlik Sense server)

b) <Qlik Sense Shared Folder>\StaticContent\Extensions\ideviomap\settings.js

c) \Qlik\Sense\Client\Asset\mapconf.jason (Qlik Sense server)

d) server3\modules\webmap5\config\ (GeoAnalytics server)

2)  If you added Additional Response Header in the Virtual Proxy, remove the Content-Securty-Policy entry.

Regards,

Elbert Flores Jr.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
elbertfjr22
Author

Hi,

I finally made this scenario running. I'm sharing the working setup to everyone who might need to setup similar configuration in the future. It really hard on a situation where there are no official documentations.

1) On the following config files, use the URL of the reverse proxy. Don't add anything else on the default values.

a) \Custom Data\QvidevioConnector\IdevioGeoAnalyticsConnector.exe.config (Qlik Sense server)

b) <Qlik Sense Shared Folder>\StaticContent\Extensions\ideviomap\settings.js

c) \Qlik\Sense\Client\Asset\mapconf.jason (Qlik Sense server)

d) server3\modules\webmap5\config\ (GeoAnalytics server)

2)  If you added Additional Response Header in the Virtual Proxy, remove the Content-Securty-Policy entry.

Regards,

Elbert Flores Jr.