Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to add features to native QlikSense objects ?

I wanted to know if it's possible to add features to native QlikSense object. I would like to add, for instance, a color picker to the native bar chart.

Should I create an extension or widget ? If so where can I find the source code ?

Thanks !

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Abderrahim,

In short - yes and no. 🙂 - Yes as in we provide complete visualization API and other APIs for you to build one from the same core languages - you can get started here:

No as in, it is not recommended to modify the existing source code, plus it is obfuscated so it would not be easy to make those changes, you are better off taking the source examples and changing them. I will see if we provide some of those for starters.

Here is what we have thus far: Examples ‒ Qlik Sense

Other sites that may interest you:

You may also find a ready made extension at Qlik Branch

Here is some more info on Extensions and Widgets:

From the main index: New to Qlik Sense Videos

Hope this helps, let me know how you do.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solition. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Abderrahim,

In short - yes and no. 🙂 - Yes as in we provide complete visualization API and other APIs for you to build one from the same core languages - you can get started here:

No as in, it is not recommended to modify the existing source code, plus it is obfuscated so it would not be easy to make those changes, you are better off taking the source examples and changing them. I will see if we provide some of those for starters.

Here is what we have thus far: Examples ‒ Qlik Sense

Other sites that may interest you:

You may also find a ready made extension at Qlik Branch

Here is some more info on Extensions and Widgets:

From the main index: New to Qlik Sense Videos

Hope this helps, let me know how you do.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solition. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael,

Thank you for all this content !

As a lazy guy I'd love to just add these features to the native vizualisations. Too bad that I have to create my own

Regards,

Abderrahim

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

We don't publish the source code and I don't know how much good it will do even if we did. The native objects are fairly complex with multiple levels of abstraction so to be able to start from scratch is probably a few, if not more, days of ramp-up time to just get familiar with the code base.

However, a color picker is on the roadmap and will be delivered fairly soon

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I hear you 🙂

Thanks for the additional reply Alex 🙂

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik