Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canerkan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense REST API single use authorization token problem

Hi everyone,

I am having Problems retrieving Data from an REST API. The Authorization Server prodives only single use authorization tokens. Which means by creating my Data Connection the token i entered gets used when saving the connection and thus is blacklisted. Which is no problem, because the token can be changed by using "WITH CONNECTION ()".

But if I want to select the data via "select data" with your data connection, I always run into the error that the token used to create the connection has been blacklisted. So i cannot create the script to use in my Data load editor which means i am not able to modify my connection to insert a valid authorization token.

I even tried to change the authorization token in the QMC so the token is not being used when saving the changes, but as soon as you refresh you data load editor, the data connection for my REST API is using the new token to test the connection i think.

Does anyone know, how to use "select data" using the Data connection when working with single us authorization tokens?

Help is much appreciated!

Labels (1)
  • API

4 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @canerkan , I don't have any solutions here, unfortunateley this is how our REST connector works. It makes a call everytime you save, test or select data.
Does your REST API have a different type of authentication? If no, the only solution that I can see here is to try to create manually your select. First call your REST API with Postman or any other tool and then try to create the reload script reading the response from your REST API.

canerkan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @alex_colombo , thanks for your reply. I have already contacted the support of the website i am trying to connect to, so i can get some information about the tables that contain the data needed. Unfortunately this is the only type of authentication. So i might try build the select on my own based on the API response as well.

Do you think this will be changed in upcoming Versions of the REST conncector?

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

If no other have a different idea on this issue, you could propose an idea on our ideation section (under community site). The idea could be to avoid to make a call during during connection saving phase, and make the call only when you are getting data for creating the select. In my opinion this could be reasonable.

canerkan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I will make a suggestion, I've already got something on my mind.