Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arunachalamggg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Remove padding from single object configurator SaaS integration

Hi,
Im using QlikSense Saas and would like to embeed an object using Iframe. When I do it there is padding at top of the object, how can i remove it in the Saas setup

Labels (6)
8 Replies
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @arunachalamggg 

Can you provide screenshots of the padding you are talking about so that we can check if that is possible to remove or not ?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
arunachalamggg
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey @Damien_Villaret 

Please see attached picture. I'm embedding a single object in my react application.

padding at top when embedding objectpadding at top when embedding object

ForgotMyOldUsername
Contributor III
Contributor III

Has anyone managed to override this with a theme?  I added a selector to set the padding to 0px all around, and yet it still has that title 50px padding,

Is it possible to change with a theme, or does it need brute force with javascript ot something to physically overwrite it at the end of  a page load ??

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi @ForgotMyOldUsername ,

The padding is a reserved space for the toolbar selection UI see picture below, removing it breaks the functionality in IFrames (since there is no overflow) 

Even if possible, I wouldn't recommend overriding the css <- this may break your integration in the future

As an alternative, you could embed visualization using the Visualization APIs or nebul.js

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 07.34.56.png

ForgotMyOldUsername
Contributor III
Contributor III

The issues is I'm embedding a dashboard, not an object.

When embedding  a dashboard it's redundant and wastes space.

Unfortunately API / Nebul.js isn't an option right now. Is there not a way to target the top level instance of this selector? 

ForgotMyOldUsername
Contributor III
Contributor III

And just to highlight how redundant it is, here's the selection bar AND the white-space where ( were it a dashboard ) the title bar would reside.

ForgotMyOldUsername_0-1650554798813.png

minalux
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, @Aiham_Azmeh 

I am having the same issue as @ForgotMyOldUsername . In addition, I noticed that in the iframe embed, we lost the ability to expand the charts. Is that the case? 

I know that you guys did some update yesterday and now every time I log into Qlik, I get an java script error. Did this release cause some issues?

We need to be able to expand the chart in the iframe. It's key. Please let me know. 

Otherwise, if chart expansion is not possible in an iframe then what is the point of having that 50px gap?

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi @minalux ,

I am having the same issue as @ForgotMyOldUsername .
unfortunately, dealing with layouts in Iframes relative to parent pages has its limitations, and this is one of them - as mentioned before I recommend using the capability APIs (or nebula.js) -- regarding sheets vs objects, late last year, we published a tutorial on how to embed sheets with the capability APIs https://qlik.dev/tutorials/embed-a-qlik-sense-sheet-using-the-capability-api

we lost the ability to expand the charts
I am not sure, what you mean by expand chart in the iframe, if you mean "maximize / full screen button" <- this is only available in the app integration URL (& afaik it works)

I get an java script error. Did this release cause some issues?
this looks like a bug (hopefully not a functional one) - pls attach a prt-screen with the error.